If you’re looking at free standing pull up bars, you’re going to realize that their are many different products available to choose from. How do you know what to purchase? I have gone ahead and created a list of qualities that good free standing pull up bars should have. For each bar that you’re thinking about purchasing, go through the list. Seeing what products meet the most of the below requirements will allow you to get the most for your money.
1. Price. Unless you’re buying a free standing pull up bar for some kind of gym business you own, I really don’t recommend spending any more than $100.00. With so many other lower-priced options, spending over $100.00 just isn’t necessary.
2. Weight Capacity. The last thing that you want to happen is for you to purchase a great product, get it home, set it up, and have it break on you. Be sure to check the weight capacity. If you exceed the capacity, moving on to a different product is probably your best option.
3. Dimensions. You don’t want to purchase something that is too big. Be sure to look into the height and width, before making any final decisions. Also, be sure to measure the area you plan on putting the new piece of equipment. This allows you to be sure that you will have enough room.
4. Height-Adjustable. Nothing beats a height-adjustable pull up bar. Usually, you will have to pay more money for this feature, but having a height-adjustable pull up bar will allow you to adjust to the height that is most comfortable to you.
5. Complaints. Finally, before making any purchasing decisions, you will want to see if there are any complaints. It’s always a good idea to read product reviews. One great place to go to is Amazon. Other great websites can be found by performing a search on Google. Often, I will see many people complain about their pull up bar wobbling or being unstable. I have also seen complaints about bad grips and missing parts. Read the reviews, and stick to purchasing products with good ratings.
There’s really nothing worse than buying a product that turns out to be less than you expected it to be. In this case, we’re talking about free standing pull up bar. By following the above 4 tips, you will give yourself the best chance at getting the best possible product.